List:       hostap
Subject:    Q: is rrm_nr supported in WDS mode?
From:       Zefir Kurtisi <zefir.kurtisi () neratec ! com>
Date:       2018-07-25 14:30:05

Hi all,

are neighbour reports supposed to work in WDS mode?

I am testing with OpenWrt and a rather recent hostapd (ffcaca68), which provides
ubus methods to set the neighbour info (rrm_nr_set). I observe that in standard AP
mode the info is received by the connected STA, while in WDS mode it is not.

I tracked the issue down to the call stack
hostapd_rrm_nr_update_all_clients()
  wpa_driver_nl80211_send_action()
    wpa_driver_nl80211_send_mlme()
      nl80211_send_frame_cmd()

where the execution silently fails with an -ENOLINK error:
'nl80211: Frame command failed: ret=-67 (Link has been severed)'

I suspect that the command needs to be sent through 'wlan0.sta1' instead of the
master interface where all nl80211 communication takes places. Need to dig deeper
to be sure, any feedback on the assumption or confirmation of the issue would help
a lot.

Thanks,
Zefir