List:       hostap
Subject:    kernel 2.6.31 and up regression
From:       Nick Shaforostoff <shaforostoff () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-19 14:48:49

Hi. I'd just like to let you know that after updating kernel to 2.6.31
(i also tried 2.6.32rc7) hostapd becomes unreilable - my notebook (i
tried several ones) connects only for the first time, (all subsequent
tries are hung on 'configuring ip' stage). notebook gets ip address,
but i can't even ping it, after this the wifi connection is closed.

i compile kernel using the same .config (via make oldconfig), with
help of debian custom-kerel framework.

after i revert to previous 2.6.30 everything goes back to norm.

i have a d-link card identified as RaLink RT2561/RT61 rev B 802.11g.