List:       hostap
Subject:    prism_srec PDA file question
From:       "Alexander Mahr" <mahralex () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-01-26 17:35:01

my name ist Alexander (I'm new to the list, and I'm already having a question and \
hope for your help)

I know that the tool prism2_srec is a quite cautious when it comes to flashing what \
is saved on the card. This seems to be especially true for changing values in the \
(text format) PDA file.

In the pursue to get a better TX-Power (mine is really inhibiting any use of the card \
as it is really low), I want to change the Calibration Integrators (mine are as low \
as 0x65 instead of what I've seen on other cards PDA 0xfa for most of the bands.

After all my question is how I might be able to get more TX power and thus a better \
connection by altering what is saved in the PDA of the card and how I may use \
prism2_srec to really store the values (the changed Calibration Integrators for \
examples are not writen to the card)

Instead it says Plugging 0x301.......

I also cannot unterstand why there is no iwconfig [interface) TXPOWER
functionality with the hostap-drivers.

After all I wasn't even able to figure out what version of th hostap driver I use (I \
think this depends on the kernel version, does it?)

Thanks to all helpful people , and those how don't flame though I might have broken \
some rules in nettiquette

Alexander