List:       horde-troll
Subject:    Re: [troll] [Patch] Adding subscription
From:       Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck () horde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-01 2:59:00

Quoting Thierry Thomas <thierry@pompo.net>:

> <URL:http://pompo.net/horde/troll/troll.patch>.
>
> It is still a work in progress, but subscription / unsubscription,
> catch-up, and "mark message read" are implemented.

Committed, thanks! I hope to have time to work on Troll at some point, but
for now, I'm glad _someone_ is :), and am happy to commit your patches so
that there's some sort of progress being made.

> 1) I am using imap_open; it returns a resource (stream), and I'd like to
> keep this stream from page to page. Does somebody knows how to register
> (store) a resource?

You can't, unless you look into something like SRM...

> 2) Troll uses partly sockets (nnrp_* functions) and partly IMAP (imap_*
> functions) to dialog with the NNTP server; I'd like to only use IMAP
> (replacing nnrp_* by imap_*). Is there any reason to keep nnrp?
> (perhaps performance issues?)

I meant to move to the imap_* functions but never had a chance. I don't
see a downside to doing so, although we'll still need the socket functions
for posting messages. But otherwise, all of the nnrp_* code should be
cleared out as much as possible.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity