List:       horde-dev
Subject:    [dev] new Horde release: php5 or no?
From:       Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck () horde ! org>
Date:       2003-06-30 13:42:55

So, with PHP5 coming out, we're undoubtedly going to want to rewrite a bunch of
our code to take advantage of it. Which means we need to decide when and where
we'll introduce PHP5-specific code into the tree.

Here's my proposal:

- We work to get the packaging necessary for Horde 3.0 done ASAP. We also make
Horde 3.0 PHP5-*compatible*, but don't use any features specific to it.

- Horde 4.0 would then be a major, PHP5-only rewrite, but hopefully the Horde
3.0 codebase and package set will last us a long time, too.

Thoughts?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.