List:       helix-video-dev
Subject:    Re: [Video-dev] video memory
From:       Greg Wright <gwright () real ! com>
Date:       2005-08-18 17:34:42

Edgar Luevano wrote:
> Where the video memory is allocated previous to play a clip?
> Thank you

[I am assuming you are talking about Symbian, it changes
  a lot if not]

We only allocate a frames worth of data in the form of a:

            m_pBitMap = new CFbsBitmap();

This happens inside of CMiniSymbianSurface::_CreateDestBuffer(). If
you also have auto rotation turned on, they we also allocate a buffer
for landscape mode as well:

         if( m_bAutoRotate )
         {
             m_pLandscapeBitMap = new CFbsBitmap();
             HX_ASSERT(m_pLandscapeBitMap);
         }

The size of each bitmap is set in the same function:

   TInt err = m_pBitMap->Create(TSize(m_surfaceSize.cx,m_surfaceSize.cy),
                                m_DisplayMode);

It then get BLT'ed directly to the devices frame buffer in
CMiniSymbianSurface::_RenderDestBuffer().

--greg.