List:       helix-protocol-dev
Subject:    [Protocol-dev] Check-in: CR: Fixes RTP live SDP - video rendering
From:       Chytanya Karusala <ckarusala () real ! com>
Date:       2009-03-14 2:40:03

Committed to : SERVER_12_1_RN, HEAD
Approved by : Jamie

Verification builds:
12.1 - http://build.dev.prognet.com/~build/report.cgi?id=183616
HEAD - http://build.dev.prognet.com/~build/report.cgi?id=183617

Synopsis
========
This CR fixes RTP live SDP for handsets (Nokia N78).

Branch : SERVER_12_1_RN, HEAD
Suggested Reviewer : Jamie

=========
Nokia N78 is unable to render the video from RTP live streams. This
is because of the absence of "a=framesize:" header in the SDP to
client. Player on this handset doesn't seem to honor the
"a=cliprect:" header  or fmtp-config (for MPEG4) that we currently
send in the SDP. HMP adds "a=framesize:" for all the datatypes but
the 4caster adds this only for H263 datatype. And the sdp parser that
we use in qtbcplin (common parser) parses "a=framesize:" and adds
"FrameHeight" and "FrameWidht" to the stream headers. But these are
not re-constructed into "a=framesize:" and sent in SDP to the client.
Also this parser currently ignores "a=cliprect:" header in the SDP.

1.  Added a new method to parse "a=cliprect:" and add "FrameHeight"
and "FrameWidth" to stream headers, if they are not already present.
2.  While generating the SDP, added code to form the "a=framesize:"
from "FrameHeight" and "FrameWidth", if present, from stream headers.
3.  Since I am in this code, I've removed checking of bUseAnnexG flag
to add to ANNEXG headers to the SDP as this was deemed not necessary.

Files Affected
==============
protocol/sdp/sdpmdgen.cpp
protocol/sdp/sdpmdparse.cpp
protocol/sdp/pub/sdpmdgen.h
protocol/sdp/pub/sdpmdparse.h

Testing Performed
=================

Unit Tests:
- Tested with Nokia N78 and HMP using all the different video
datatypes (SR and MR)
- Tested with Nokia N78 and 4Caster using all the different video
datatypes (SR and MR)
- Tested with desktop player

Integration Tests:
- None

Leak Tests:
- None.

Performance Tests:
- None

Build verified: win32-i386-vc7, linux-rhel4-i686
Platform tested : win32-i386-vc7,linux-rhel4-i686

Thanks,
Chytanya