List:       helix-producer-dev
Subject:    [Helix-producer-dev] Windowsless ActiveX issue with RealHelix
From:       "Joseph Taylor" <joseph.taylor () twofour ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-12-15 13:24:09

Hello,

I am currently writing a Windows Service to run as a background
scheduler for encoding audio files. The service wakes up an instance of
my Helix custom encoder (Windows app C# 2005 and Helix DNA Producer SDK
v11) and starts/stops the live encode. If I used my custom encoder as a
stand-alone application or call it from another Windows or Console
application, the custom encoder runs fine without any problems. However,
it's not behaving when called from a Windows service - "Unable to get
the window handle for the 'AxHelixProducer' control. Windowless ActiveX
controls are not supported".

While this might be a Windows Services issue, is there anyone that came
across this problem and managed to get find an alternative? Is the Real
Helix Producer control even going to be upgrade to a Windowed ActiveX or
some other type?

Thanks,

Joseph Taylor