List:       helix-producer-dev
Subject:    [Helix-producer-dev] timiing issue
From:       "stacie monroe" <staciemonroe () operamail ! com>
Date:       2004-05-13 11:46:17

Hello,

I have a question.

Using the Helix Universal Server (retail) -account based
broadcasting  or  the Helix DNA Server Plus - single password push broadcasting I am \
encountering the following timing issue:

When my encoder application sends its first packet to the encoder (and in turn the \
server) it signals an embedded player to connect to the live stream. The chances of a \
successful connection seem to be 50/50. Often the  connection is refused before the \
first packet begins streaming from the server. I could guess and add a few more \
seconds before signaling the player. Is there a better solution?

Thank you, Stacie