List:       helix-producer-dev
Subject:    Re: [hxprod] advencoder.exe
From:       Larry Young <lyoung () real ! com>
Date:       2003-09-24 14:17:14

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

At 09:27 AM 9/24/2003 +0530, sk@cs.iitm.ernet.in wrote:
> When i try to run the sample and try to push  live content
> to helix server using
> -------------------
> 9.0 push broadcast
> -------------------
> the app hangs though it asks all questions successfully.

What parameters are you setting in the advencoder sample app?  You can write all the \
text file for an example.  You can run it with the advencoder sample app like this:

"advencoder adv_cap_vid_only.txt"

If you send me a text file with all of the parameters you are passing the advencoder \
sample app then we will try to repro the problem you are seeing.

At what point are you seeing a hang (is it after encoding has started)?  If you can \
attach to the process with MSVC and capture call stacks of the various thread(s) that \
would also be very helpful.

> Why doesn't the HelixProducer support AutomationInterfaces like the
> WindowsMediaEncoder.

There are numerous ways to access the functionality in the Producer / Producer SDK.  \
If you're looking for a higher-level API than the C++ API in the Producer SDK, you \
might want to take a look at the 9.2 Producer ActX control.  You can access that API \
from either C++ or Visual Basic.

Thanks,
Larry

["adv_cap_vid_only.txt" (text/plain)]