List:       helix-player-dev
Subject:    [Player-dev] Re: CR: Fix for BUG 8666 Realplayer can only be
From:       Daniel Yek <dyek () real ! com>
Date:       2008-09-25 19:03:52

Hi Sushant,

If you really run out of time, you can check this in. Otherwise, I don't
want to installation path being hard coded in the source code, because
the hard coded path is not the only place the player can be installed
and ran from.

In this change:
http://lists.helixcommunity.org/pipermail/player-dev/2008-September/003867.html
+    gchar *rcpath = NULL;

-    gtk_rc_parse("/opt/real/RealPlayer/netbook.gtkrc");
+    rcpath = g_strdup_printf("%s%snetbook.gtkrc",
+        hx_util_get_executable_dir(), G_DIR_SEPARATOR_S);

+    gtk_rc_parse(rcpath);
+    g_free(rcpath);

I replaced the hardcoded path with a call to
hx_util_get_executable_dir() to obtain the installation directory. You
can, at least, use this to get a hold of netbook.glade file path.

Is the glade file the only problem when launching from outside of
installation directory now?

If you rename the installation directory, does it still launch properly?

Note that your diff. contains a mix of DOS and Unix line endings.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Yek.