List:       helix-player-dev
Subject:    [Player-dev] Re: Installing i386 RealPlayer on AMD64 machine / alien
From:       Willy Gommel <wg3w () spamcop ! net>
Date:       2007-10-21 0:13:50

On Friday 19 October 2007, Daniel Yek wrote:

> > Dunno what you expected from alien. However, this is not what I expected:

I look forward to a hand from anyone competent to offer one, whenever they get
around to it. ;)

> I suppose you can do the conversion using alien on your i386 machine and
> try again, but I guess the packaging dependency resolution on your
> system won't do the trick; it was just something to try.

Of course. We tried it, and it turned out not to have quite enough horsepower.

> I'm running the i386 RealPlayer on 2 of my Fedora AMD64 boxes. They work
> quite well (there is a sound driver problem on one though,) without me
> having to install any special packages.

How encouraging!! :)

Listen. I'm sitting here on my AMD64 right now. I believe I'm going to try
downloading and installing the AMD64 nightly build and experiment with it.
After all, if it runs at all, I am as good at reporting bugs as anyone! :p

--

http://www.wg3.net