List:       helix-player-dev
Subject:    Re: [Player-dev] Error while building helix player
From:       Daniel Yek <dyek () real ! com>
Date:       2007-05-04 17:07:05

Hi Rakesh,

We typically run Ribosome build script to build the player from CVS
directly. That is the best way to start building Helix Player.

There might be build problems in the source package that is waiting to be
fixed. If you can use Ribosome to check out source code from CVS directly,
you should use that instead.

What exact command did you use when you get the error?

It appears to me that BUILD_ROOT environment variable isn't pointing at the
right Ribosome build directory.

The environment variable is set likes this:
export BUILD_ROOT=/home/myusername/source/build

More information here:
https://common.helixcommunity.org/2004/devdocs/quickstart

--
Daniel Yek