List:       helix-open-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Open-discuss] Helix server installation on AMD Opteron 64?
From:       Dean Collins <dcollins () real ! com>
Date:       2006-06-16 15:07:26

Please try installing the current release, v11.1.  It includes support
for the 2.6 kernel.  This should work ok on AMD64, though it will not
take full advantage of the additional memory that 64-bits allows.

https://helix-server.helixcommunity.org/2005/devdocs/builds.html

Follow-ups to helix-server@lists.helixcommunity.org.

Dean

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 04:03:18PM +0200, Hans Schou wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry if I'm writing to the wrong list.
> Which list is the right for installing and configuration of Helix servers?
>
> I'm trying to install
> v90_linux-2.2-libc6-i586-server_servinst_nodist.bin on a Linux 2.6.16 -
> and this go wrong when every part is wrong :-)
> Is it known at all that Helix server will run on Amd64?
> Should I download from CVS and compile it?
>
> best regards
> /hans

Dean Collins
Server Technical Lead, RealNetworks, Inc. -- http://www.realnetworks.com