List:       helix-open-discuss
Subject:    [hxdiscuss] How to see the list of revision for a given CVS tag or branch?
From:       "Dan Phan" <dphan () arch ! sel ! sony ! com>
Date:       2003-08-14 22:38:13

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way in the Helix website to see the list of revision
number for all the files belonging to a given CVS tag or branch?  I already see
that for each source file of a given project, the list of revisions can be
readily seen.  For each revision summary, the name of the applicable branch or
CVS tag is also listed.  What I'm looking for is the reverse; e.g., revision
1.6.2.5 dated July 21 of the file client/core/hxsrc.cpp is used in the recently
announced release whose CVS tag is "kittyhawk_rel_1".  Likewise, the revision
for this release for the file client/core/hxflsrc.cpp is 1.6.2.7 dated June 13.

May be I'm missing an important point somewhere, but I think the release note
for the DNA client 1.0.1 announced today (Aug 14) ought to have a way to
reference the revision number of each file that it includes.  Unfortunately
there is no way of knowing what is revision number by just looking at the source
file.

Dan