List:       helix-open-discuss
Subject:    Re: [hxdiscuss] Is there something wrong with the RTSP negotiation
From:       Deepak Kotian <dkotian3 () vsnl ! net>
Date:       2003-08-08 18:43:05

Thanks Tom,
        I will remove these, But I doubt, if it would work.
       Because, we tried a simple standard SDP file before as below
*****
v=0
o=- 1 1 LAN IP4 192.168.2.50
s=xyz Streaming
m=video 6970 RTP/AVP 32
a=rtpmap:32 MPV/90000
c=IN IP4 192.168.8.50
a=control:rtsp://192.168.8.50/XYZ.mpeg
t=0 0
*****
    But did not work and it gave general error all the time.
    We did get the play Request, we have RTP-info to this now.
    Please let me know, if one has more input.

    Also about the markup bit setting.

    A very weird thing on some machine do not send PLAY request
    at all with the same RealOne Client ,  I have already posted this
    but not valid response.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 09:57:31PM +0530, Deepak Kotian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there something wrong with the RTSP negotiation with Realone for
> the attached file. I still get a "General Error" Dialog on this one.
> Any inputs on this one.

It looks like you are trying to reproduce the early session establishment
that Helix products use.  I would suggest that you avoid this (ignore the
"Pragma: initiate-session" header).

There are two "a=control" lines for the media.  You should remove one of
them.

The SDP has several Helix specific values (a=SdpplinVersion, a=ASMRuleBook).
Again, I would suggest you avoid these.  I think the Helix core is capable
of using standard SDP.

Deepak