List:       helix-open-discuss
Subject:    Re: [hxdiscuss] problem compiling helix client...
From:       mlmurphy () real ! com
Date:       2003-02-12 12:55:43

On 12 Feb 2003 at 11:58, Moise Bunel Marian wrote:
> I have checked my profile and I have seen that I have CVS "observer" rights
> for different subprojects but the build script gives the same "no such user"
> error.

A "no such user" error typically means CVS is using the wrong user name or password.

> I have only checked out ribosome and nothing else. I have gone through the
> steps from https://common.helixcommunity.org/2002/devdocs/quickstart .
> Everything went OK up to step 14 when I get the mentioned error.

If you were able to get Ribosome, that suggests something about your CVS environment \
shifted between then and step 14.

One thing another community member ran into recently is that they got Ribosome \
through some other tool (e.g., WinCVS) and therefore did  not have command-line CVS \
set up quite right. Re-try steps 1 & 2 of the quickstart and confirm it accepts your \
HelixCommunity.org  password. Then, double-check that step 8 put the same CVSROOT \
value you have in your environment into the .buildrc file. Then, try your  build \
again.

If none of that helps, write back!

--
Mark Murphy