List:       helix-open-discuss
Subject:    Re: [hxdiscuss] strongARM linux
From:       ljp <ljp () llornkcor ! com>
Date:       2003-01-21 20:35:52

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 11:42 am, Jeff Ayars wrote:

> The process we would like to follow is:
>
> 0) Community member (that's you) tells us they want to start a porting
> project. 1) We create a project with status page and mailing lists for the
> collaborative work in the community
> 2) Porting project submits a .cf file to the ribosome project that defines
> the tool chain, compile and link flags, etc. as well as the specific target
> processor
> 3) Porting project gets splay MP3 profile compiling and working to vet the
> .cf settings
> 4) Porting project submits (or has been submitting all along) diffs for a
> successful splay MP3 profile build
> 5) Porting project requests distribution build for .cf and profile to be
> used 6) We build the distributions, ensure they work on the target if we
> can, and check them in and notify the project they are there.  If We cannot
> verify operation on the target, a member of the project with access to the
> target may have to execute attachment G to the RCSL and "port" the codecs.
> 7) The project maintains the port on an ongoing basis.
>
> So, there is plenty of work to do before getting the codecs and getting the
> codecs may not even be necessary in the end.  I consider we're past 0 and
> as Greg mentioned, we are working on 1.
>
> JEff

Sounds reasonable enough. I am working on #2 at the moment.

--
My cat's a debugger....

Potter, Lorn, "ljp"
core developer / Web Administrator
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org | http://www.opie.info (german) |
http://www.opie.us
IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de

llornkcor@handhelds.org