List:       helix-open-discuss
Subject:    Re: [hxdiscuss] conversion of codec with Helix DNA
From:       Rob Lanphier <robla () real ! com>
Date:       2003-01-19 1:40:32

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 06:04, Jyotirmoy Saikia wrote:
> My problem is that I need to convert RealMedia "streams" into "streams" of
> some other codec in real time.  Which one serves the purpose - is it the
> Client or the Producer?

While transcoding RealAudio or RealVideo may be technologically
possible, it is not allowed under the license which you receive the
RealAudio and RealVideo codecs.  See section 2a of the "Helix DNA
Technology Binary Research Use License":

https://reguseronly.helixcommunity.org/2002/clickwrap/eula-clickwrap

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Rob

Rob Lanphier, Helix Community Coordinator - RealNetworks
http://helixcommunity.org http://rtsp.org http://realnetworks.com