List:       helix-filesystem-dev
Subject:    [Filesystem-dev] RE: [datatype-dev] CR: mp4 fileformat and http
From:       "Eric Hyche" <ehyche () real ! com>
Date:       2009-08-31 13:12:04

Changes look good. Just one word of caution: MIN_HEAP has a lot of impact in a lot of \
places, mainly in audio and video renderer. In video renderer, it greatly reduces the \
size of the decoded frame queue. So without MIN_HEAP, the number of decoded frames in \
the base video renderer will probably be about 15. Just make sure that the devices \
you are running on have enough memory to handle having 15 decompressed frames in \
memory.

Of course, now that I think about it, you are probably using hardware decode for most \
codecs, so your memory management is totally different, and this may not be an issue. \
You might try playback of some codec that does not have hardware decode (like RV) and \
see if it still works without MIN_HEAP.

Eric

Eric Hyche (ehyche@real.com)
Principal Engineer