List:       helix-common-dev
Subject:    Re: [Common-dev] CR: common-module changes related to adding HTTPS
From:       Dean Collins <dcollins () real ! com>
Date:       2009-10-01 18:38:46

Hi, Eric,

Yes, good question.  This was reviewed, and both the interface and
it's implentation appear to be client-oriented.  For example, the
IHXSecureSocket API provides SetClientCertificate() but no server
variation.  Also, the IHXSecureSocket implementation, CHXSecureSocket,
inherits from CHXClientSocket and relies on a ton of code in
client/common/netio, whereas we need to inherit from the server's
socket code.

Dean