List:       helix-client-announce
Subject:    [Client-announce] Milestone - 50th Helix-powered mobile handset
From:       kevinf () real ! com (Kevin Foreman)
Date:       2005-06-27 23:25:05

Guys, a quick thank you to all of you.  Today, the Helix Community hit
another major milestone... the 50th mobile handset that is
Helix-powered.  Yes, we are NOT counting all the PDAs and Palm-powered
handhelds that are not connected to a carrier, only the mobile terminals
that are capable of receiving audio or video via a mobile wireless
carrier.   The Helix-powered E895
<https://helixcommunity.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=467> was announced
today by Motorola at the JavaOne conference.

Special thanks to our handset development partners, Nokia, Motorola,
Samsung, Sony-Ericsson, Siemens and Sendo all who have joined us to
build the industry's best open multi format digital media platform - Helix.

For those of you building mobile products and not yet using the open
multi format Helix DNA Client, we encourage you to join us, especially
using "Cayenne
<https://helix-client.helixcommunity.org/2005/devdocs/cayenne>" the next
generation 3GPP Rel 6 compliant media engine.

Kevin

--
Kevin Foreman,