List:       helix-audio-dev
Subject:    Re: [Audio-dev] CR : Fix for audio jitters on audio start-up on
From:       Eric Hyche <ehyche () real ! com>
Date:       2010-01-14 14:38:42

How does this change prevent us overwriting the ALSA buffer? It looks like all we are \
doing is making a different call to write from our internal audio buffer to the ALSA \
API. So if there is a bug in overwriting the ALSA buffer, it would seem like it still \
exists after this change.

Also, is there not an API in ALSA to tell whether or not the buffer you are about to \
overwrite is still "active" (has not been played yet)?

I still don't understand what the bug is, and why this change fixes it.

Eric

Eric Hyche (ehyche@real.com)
Principal Engineer
RealNetworks, Inc.