List:       haskell-cafe
Subject:    [Haskell-cafe] Haskell Statistics
From:       Dominic Steinitz <dominic () steinitz ! org>
Date:       2014-02-21 11:06:15

Hi

I am looking for statistics on usage of Haskell, ghc and the Haskell Platform and \
their growth. Current usage would be great but I’d also like usage by year or month. \
Useful proxies might be number of people signed up to haskell-cafe and #haskell (also \
by year or month). The impression I have from the number of jobs posted recently is \
that Haskell is experiencing some growth.

I have the redmonk stats: http://redmonk.com/sogrady/category/programming-languages/ \
and http://sogrady-media.redmonk.com/sogrady/files/2014/01/lang-rank-114-wm.png which \
shows that Haskell is maintaining its position.

My google trend analysis shows Haskell roughly matching Scala and both of them \
somewhat higher than F#. I admit to being a google trend novice so caveat lector! I \
have this using google trends: \
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=haskell%20programming%2C%20scala%20programming%2C%20f%23%20programming&cmpt=q

Thanks in advance for any help in this.

Dominic Steinitz