List:       haskell-cafe
Subject:    [Haskell-cafe] Unification of PolyTypeable TypeReps ?
From:       Ismael Figueroa Palet <ifigueroap () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-30 12:27:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi haskell-cafe

In my current project I'm working with type representations created with
PolyTypeable, and it turns out that given two type representations I need
to find out if they are unifiable.
I've looked at polytypeable-utils and see that they have some functions for
substituting/applying/free vars, but it doesn't seem like a full solution
for what I need.

So my question is: is there a library to do this? is there a known way to
transform the TypeRep's to make them more amenable to other unification
libraries. I noticed that in GHC-api there is an unification library, and
that there is also unification-fd. I wanted to ask here first in case
someone can point me to the right direction.

Thanks!
--
Ismael