List:       haskell-cafe
Subject:    [Haskell-cafe] dirs in Emacs/Vim in Cabal
From:       Chris BROWN <chrisb () cs ! st-andrews ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2010-06-30 17:38:18

Dear Haskellers,

I am in the process of creating a cabal HaRe and I have run into a minor problem. I \
have an emacs and a vim script that HaRe uses to invoke the refactorer from the two \
editors. In those scripts, I point HaRe to a directory containing some libraries it \
needs to chase the imports of the modules. Cabal installs these libraries as data \
files into whatever prefix the user requests at install time. However, the problem I \
have is that it then requires a manual user intervention to manually configure \
emacs/vim to point to this new directory in the 'customizable' panel of HaRe.

My question is:
Is it possible to allow the emacs/vim scripts that I have know where this directory \
is automatically?

I hope someone can help,
Kindest regards,
Chris Brown.