List:       haskell-cafe
Subject:    Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: FunGEn
From:       Gwern Branwen <gwern0 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-30 19:48:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 2008.08.30 12:06:33 -0700, Simon Michael <simon@joyful.com> scribbled 0.7K \
characters:
> Henk-Jan van Tuyl wrote:
> > L.S.,
> >
> > I found the Functional Game Engine FunGEn on the web:
> > http://www.cin.ufpe.br/~haskell/fungen/download.html
> > It looks useful, but since it hasn't been maintained for a long time,
> > it doesn't compile. Is there a newer version I can download?
>
> Hi Henk-Jan,
>
> yes, see my updates at
> http://joyful.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=fungen;a=summary .
>
> Thanks to Andre Furtado for this nice engine. I suggested he choose a
> license such as X11 or GPLv3 so it could be uploaded to hackage. He was
> unsure about his licensing options given that Fungen depends on HOpenGL
> and got busy. Please contact him so this can get licensed and packaged
> for wider exposure.

The HOpenGL stuff is BSD3-licensed like the rest of the base libraries, isn't it? I \
think that means there are no license restrictions in that direction; Andre just \
needs to pick a Free license Hackage likes (==DFSG-compatible or OSI-approved). I \
don't see what the problem is.

--
gwern
InfoSec Z-150T HERF Met Information Texas Cornflower 20755 Bubba IS