List:       haskell-cafe
Subject:    Re: [Haskell-cafe] Haskell I/O inside: down the rabbit's hole
From:       "Krasimir Angelov" <kr.angelov () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-30 10:26:53

In the last section you said that IO has the same definition in GHC
and Hugs. As far as I can remember in Hugs IO is defined as:

newtype IO a = IO ((a -> IOResult) -> (IOError -> IOResult) -> IOResult)

Of course this definition is builtin and cann't be seen in the Haskell
source code.

Cheers,
  Krasimir