List:       haskell
Subject:    Re: CGI Scripts
From:       Jose Emilio Labra Gayo <labra () pinon ! ccu ! uniovi ! es>
Date:       1999-12-23 11:55:41

> Has anyone had any success using cgi scipts in Haskell/Hugs?
> According to the paper by Erik Meijer, "Server Side Web Scripting in
> Haskell", the CGI library is part of the standard Hugs distribution.
> I've just downloaded the latest installshield version and I couldn't
> find it. I then downloaded the CGI library from Libraries and Tools
> for Haskell and put it in c:\hugs98\lib\cgi. I couldn't find a readme or
> instructions on how to use it.
> I tried running demo but got the following "Parsing ERROR
> "C:\hugs98\lib\cgi\Pretty.hs" (line 114): Haskell 98 does not support
> restricted type synonyms".
>
> Dominic Steinitz

I have done just another version of Erik's CGI Library. It is a mixed
library combining some of the Sven Panne improvements (but separated
again in modules) and using existention types.

I tested it with Hugs (-98) and with GHC and it works.

You can obtain it at: http://lsi.uniovi.es/~labra/ftp/lcgi.zip

Best Regards, Jose E. Labra
http://lsi.uniovi.es/~labra