List:       haskell
Subject:    Re: haskell IDE
From:       John Atwood <atwoodj () CS ! ORST ! EDU>
Date:       1999-12-15 23:26:13

Daan Leijen wrote:
> VisualHaskell is indeed under development. However, due to
> licensing issues the release date is "somewhere next year".
>
> VisualHaskell will provide you with integrated interpreter,
> editor, project and compiler support; but it will be closer
> to VisualC++ than for example VisualBasic (ie. not very visual :-)
> (erik meijer

I'm aware of John Reekie's version [1] and I see another [2], but I
suspect you refer to yet another "Visual Haskell"; can you elaborate? Is
it "Visual" in the language sense, or the IDE sense?

John Atwood
[1]  http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~johnr/papers/visual.html
     http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~johnr/papers/thesis.html (Chap. 4)
[2]  (well, I can't find the link, site's in Australia, I believe).