List:       haskell
Subject:    Re: advice wanted on GUI design patterns
From:       Josef Sveningsson <d95josef () dtek ! chalmers ! se>
Date:       1999-09-28 13:36:51

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> The question is: how do you structure a GUI program?

There is one paper I can recommend that tries to answer this question;
"Structuring Graphical Paradigms in TkGofer". It can be found here:

http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~koen/Papers/tkgofer.ps

The paper show how it's possible to structure programs using the MVC
paradigm. The paper uses TkGofer, but I think it's possible to use the
ideas in TclHaskell also (but I don't know since I haven't tested it).

	/Josef

|Josef Svenningsson|http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95josef|
|Rubingatan 39     |  email: d95josef@dtek.chalmers.se   |
|421 62 G&#xC3;&#xB6;teborg   |          tel: 031-7090774           |
What is a magician but a practising theorist?
                -- Obi-Wan Kenobi