List:       haskell
Subject:    Hello FP'ers??
From:       Matthew Love <love () ccis ! adisys ! com ! au>
Date:       1998-06-29 9:32:10

Hi, (sorry if some of you get this twice)

 my name is Matthew Love, and I'm doing my honours degree
 in computer science at the University of Western Australia., down
under.

 My research project is to implement an incremental garbage collector
ontop of
 the GHC haskell compiler, and examine just how effective it is.

If you'd like to checkout my web page its at
 http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/~mattl

be warned I've only just started out & it's very much under construction
- spelling mistakes and all.

 I'd like to make a few contacts in the FP/Haskell world - especially
 with other people doing work on GHC or research into garbage
collection.

 There aren't that many people here at UWA doing research in functional
programming
 at the moment.

 Thanks

Matt Love