List:       haskell
Subject:    Question
From:       Lennart Augustsson <augustss>
Date:       1993-11-17 12:08:23

From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 93 12:31:50 +0100
To: haskell@dcs.gla.ac.uk

Prompted by an IOHCC entry I have the following question:

Is the following legal?

module M(x) where
x = 1
z = x==1

If the definition of z wasn't there it would clearly be
illegal since it exports an overload non-function value.
But the use of x in z forces x to be in Int there, so
maybe it's legal?  (First I thought not, but now I'm in doubt.)

	-- Lennart