List:       haskell
Subject:    Sets and maps in Haskell available
From:       Nick North <ndn () seg ! npl ! co ! uk>
Date:       1991-01-23 19:22:46

Date: Wed, 23 Jan 91 14:56:43 GMT
From: Nick North <ndn@seg.npl.co.uk>
To: haskell@cs.glasgow.ac.uk
Sender: haskell-request@cs.glasgow.ac.uk

This group has been quiet of late so I thought I'd announce some free
software to rekindle enthusiasm.

An implementation of finite sets and maps as a Haskell module is
available. It gives you the following:

1) Finite sets of things of class Ord, with the following operations:
   input and output (with syntax {a, b, c}), cardinality, set difference,
   distributed intersection, distributed union, empty set, membership test,
   there exists element in <set> such that <predicate>, for all elements
   in <set> <predicate> is true, element insertion, intersection, conversion
   between lists and sets, subset, superset, union.

2) Finite maps between things of class Ord with the following operations:
   input and output (with syntax {a->x, b->y, c->z}), map composition,
   map domain, domain restriction, empty map, conversion between lists of
   pairs and maps, map application, distributed map merge, inverse,
   iteration, map union, map override, map range, range restriction.

The module has been compiled and tested under Haskell B and does not use
any non-standard features that I am aware of.

To get hold of the module, send a message to info-server@seg.npl.co.uk
with the following body:

Request: haskell
Topic: SetMap.hs

The files used in testing the module are available to provide an example
of its use. To find out what they are, send a message to
info-server@seg.npl.co.uk with the following body:

Request: haskell
Topic: index

Please let me know of any comments, bug reports etc.

Nick North				Email: ndn@seg.npl.co.uk
National Physical Laboratory, UK.