List:       haskell
Subject:    [Haskell] ANN: mutable-iter
From:       John Lato <jwlato () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-26 21:42:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Dear all:

I am pleased to announce the initial release of "mutable-iter"[1], an
extension to the iteratee package which uses mutable buffers.  This allows
for iteratees to act upon a mutable buffer, which means that processing can
occur without performing any extra allocations.  This may be useful for
applications in which garbage collections interfere with processing (e.g.
real-time applications), or under severe memory pressure.

This package is highly experimental and somewhat low-level; bug reports and
suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
John

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/mutable-iter