List:       haskell
Subject:    [Haskell] Job programming in F#
From:       Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj () microsoft ! com>
Date:       2007-09-27 21:20:48

Want to be paid to write functional programs?  My colleagues here at Cambri=
dge are looking for you.  See below.

Simon

A position has arisen within our Applied Games Team in Cambridge for a Soft=
ware Development Engineer (SDE).  The role of the SDE will be to design, im=
plement and maintain solutions based on new technology in the very competit=
ive web search and advertising arena. In this position you will be working =
closely with researchers to analyze very large data sets, and with product =
teams to have the research applied. Please see job description attached for=
 full details.

Any machine learning or functional programming experience (particularly F#)=
 is highly desirable, however not essential as training will be provided fo=
r the right candidate.

Background: We are establishing a virtual team for applied research between=
 adCenter's Research & Mining group and Microsoft Research Cambridge's Appl=
ied Games group. The mission of the team is to conduct applied research int=
o problems relevant for Microsoft's online advertisement business and to tr=
ansfer resulting technology to adCenter.

1. Design, implement and maintain solutions.
2. Assist researchers to analyze data and provide rapid prototypes for new =
technology.
3. Transferring technology to product teams.

Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1) Essential Experience
* Three years SQL Server Programming experience.
* Three years .Net Programming experience.

2) Technical / Functional Skills
* Knowledge of SQL programming.
* Knowledge of C# and .Net programming.
* Experience with Agile methods

3) Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills
* Good communication skills ideally with some client facing experience.
* Self-motivated.
* Willingness to travel.
* Interest in cutting edge research

Special Requirements/Additional Information

Must be willing to live and work in the UK; but also be prepared to travel =
frequently to the US. Any machine learning or functional programming experi=
ence particularly F# is highly desirable but not essential as training will=
 be provided for the right candidate.

To apply please send your current curriculum vitae (CV) to our Human Resour=
ces Department by email: cambhr@microsoft.com