List:       haproxy
Subject:    Re: Per process stats socket
From:       Willy Tarreau <w () 1wt ! eu>
Date:       2013-02-26 22:59:33

Hi Vincent,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:19:48AM +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Actually, the Unix stats socket is global. It is possible to pin it to
> some processes, but it is not possible to have one Unix socket per
> process. Has someone already tried to add the appropriate code to
> declare several Unix sockets?

There are ongoing changes about this. Right now, the bind_proc setting
is per-frontend and I'd like to move it per-listener, so that we can
start one stats socket per process. There are some complexities in doing
this caused by the fact that the frontend has to be bound to all processes
it has listeners on, which slightly changes the way the bind-process
setting is computed. But I have established an algorithm to solve that
that I just need time to implement. After that we should be able to
benefit from a per-bind "bind-process" setting, which will then also
be available for the stats socket statements.

Regards,
Willy