List:       haproxy
Subject:    Re: logging to unix socket
From:       Bryan Talbot <btalbot () aeriagames ! com>
Date:       2010-12-30 18:45:33

Ahh ok, restarting syslog fixed the issue.  I didn't realize that
the max_dgram_qlen setting would only take affect when the socket was bound.
 Our site is fairly busy but not a load for haproxy: we get several tens of
millions of hits a day.  What is a reasonable setting for max_dgram_qlen?

As far as synchronous writes goes, I've been using async for normal logs but
write errors from 'log-separate-errors' in sync mode.

Thank you for helping get my restarts clean with no more scary looking ALERT
messages!

-Bryan