List:       haproxy
Subject:    Re: redispatch request if 502 received
From:       Dustin Moskovitz <moskov () asana ! com>
Date:       2010-08-25 19:19:40

Perhaps, but we are running nginx on the same physical boxes as the
webservers, not in front of haproxy, so it is not in a position where it can
retry the request on a different server. Retrying the request on the same
server won't help with most classes of problems.

client->open internet->haproxy->internal network->nginx->webserver