List:       haproxy
Subject:    Re: Https configuration
From:       Unai Rodriguez <me () u-journal ! org>
Date:       2008-12-09 3:42:51

Dear Adrian,

> Could you explain me the architecture of your solution ?
>
> I think it could be
>
> |Internet Router| --- 443 port --> stunnel -> HAproxy --- balance
> petitions to servers on 80, insecure port ?
>
> Is this the solution ?

Yes, that is exactly what I have.

I am running Stunnel 3.26 on Debian 3.1 Sarge and Debian 4.0 Etch. I start
the stunnel daemon using this script:

http://pastebin.ca/1280403

I usually install Stunnel and HAProxy on the same machine. Then, Stunnel
handles the https traffic and forwards it to HAProxy on port 80 as plain
http.

I can provide more details if you want/need. I hope this helps.

unai