List:       haiku-web
Subject:    [haiku-web] Re: [haiku-sysadmin] Website switch-over to Netlify 3:00pm CDT (9:00pm UTC) today
From:       kallisti5 <kallisti5 () unixzen ! com>
Date:       2017-01-20 21:47:24

On 2017-01-20 14:29, kallisti5 wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> We feel that the new Hugo site has reached critical mass on content and
> design.
>
> In 30 minutes we are planning on switching over to the new website as
> we have
> enough parties online and available to make the change.
>
> Changes:
>  * I'm going to temporarily reduce the TTL of www.haiku-os.org to 900
> seconds. (15 minutes)
>  * www.haiku-os.org will be changed to a CNAME pointed at
> haiku.netlify.com
>  * haiku-os.org will continue to be directed to www.haiku-os.org
>
> Back out plan:
>  * If serious problems are encountered we will fall back to the running
>    drupal site.

Done.  There may be momentary outages as we tweak things, however
the major part of the move is complete.

There was a glitch at NameCheap which resulted in a missing
www.haiku-os.org
CNAME record for around 15 minutes (They removed the A, but the new
CNAME didn't
get picked up)  A chat with support fixed it.

vmweb.haiku-os.org is the old drupal site
www.haiku-os.org is the new Netlify site
haiku-os.org redirects to https://www.haiku-os.org via apache on vmweb.

  -- Alex