List:       haiku-web
Subject:    [haiku-web] Re: email addresses
From:       "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-12 15:47:16

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2008/9/12 Axel Dörfler <axeld@pinc-software.de>:
> > "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> They are forwarded to email addresses that are being pulled by a
> >> GMail
> >> account. The email box is property of Haiku Inc. and might contain
> >> sensitive data. If no one is reading that account though, I would
> >> suggest changing the contact form to forward, and I don't mind if
> >> that
> >> is you, but that should be discussed at least with Urias.
> >
> > This probably doesn't make sense then, and should be separated, ie. if
> > that box contains sensitive data, then another account should be used,
> > if not, well, then somewhere just need to give Dennis access :-)
>
> It seems what we have currently is the haiku.inc gmail account is
> actually checking the info@haiku-os.org pop account directly and
> importing the mail... it can then be used to archive and forward the
> mail somewhere else.
>
> I think I can set it up to forward the mail to multiple other
> accounts, but I'll have to test it first.
>
> I suspect we started setting this strategy up with the intentions of
> eventually swapping to gmail for domains in the future when we
> eliminate WebFaction, and also giving a central single account that
> multiple people had access to. Currently this account is also being
> used to receive alert emails from various services such as paypal and
> godaddy - which represents the aforementioned "sensitive" data. I have
> also used this account as the contact address for our official GSoC
> registration for example.
>
> So, let's start forwarding the email from the website to Dennis and
> Niels (I think that was the plan right?) and see how that works. I can
> set that up in a couple hours.

Yes that was the plan. I was going to be the first respondent and Niels was
to be the backup and if either one of us responded to a message we would BCC
the other so that we would not each provide a separate answers. Is that what
you understood as well Niels?

--
Dennis d'Entremont
IT Professional CNA, MCP, A+, ITIL