List:       haiku-development
Subject:    [haiku-development] Fwd: [GSoC Mentors] GSoC 2022 Org Applications open Feb 7-21
From:       "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy () pulkomandy ! tk>
Date:       2022-01-10 8:23:43

Hello,

GSoC 2022 applications are opening next month.

There are some big changes to the program this year:
- More flexible timeline and possible deadline extensions (!) for participants who \
                need more time to finish a project,
- The participants are not required to be students anymore,
- Following the experiment with shorter projects last year, there is now room for \
both "small" (175 hours) and "large" (350 hours) projects. We must update our ideas \
list to indicate which projects are long or short.

I guess I will once again be the org admin. Please tell me if you want to be a \
mentor, add yourself as "possible mentor" to ideas on the ideas page so GSoC \
participants can reach out to you. I will need an approximate count of mentors to \
fill our GSoC application (they need to know if we're a big or small project and how \
much students we're likely to accept).

Below you can find the official announcement from Stephanie Taylor at Google.

Thanks for your help in running GSoC,
--
Adrien.