List:       haiku-development
Subject:    [haiku-development] Re: haiku-development Digest V15 #66
From:       Richard Zak <richard.j.zak () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-05-07 1:44:36

I'd like to jump in on the discussion about the fan controllers issue. I've
experienced this on my System 76 Oryx Pro laptop.

When using Linux, the boot-up process is quiet and quick. When booting
Haiku, it also is quiet and quick. But, if I reboot from Haiku back to
Linux, as soon as the kernel loads (right around the time I'm queried for
my disk encryption password), the fans kick in at full blast and run for
about a minute, maybe 90 seconds. This tells me the laptop is getting too
hot with Haiku, though not to the point where the motherboard shuts it
down. And when running Haiku, I don't notice any fans running.

--
Regards,

Richard J. Zak
Professional Genius