List:       haiku-development
Subject:    [haiku-development] Haiku Depot Server : Compatibility w/ Desktop Application
From:       Andrew Lindesay <apl () lindesay ! co ! nz>
Date:       2018-08-30 18:32:33

Hello;

[Intentionally cross-posted]

I have been / am slowly making some changes to HaikuDepotServer (HDS) to better \
support mirrors in the future.

In the next week or two I will deploy a change to HDS where it is able to store in \
its database and relay information out about mirrors.  This is going to break an API \
used in builds of HaikuDepot desktop application prior to late January 2018.  I am \
posting here to warn that this is going to happen although it probably won't impact \
anybody.  In balance, the work required to maintain backward compatibility is not \
worthwhile.

I don't think anybody is independently using the HDS APIs around repositories, but if \
you are, please get in touch soon to discuss.

Best regards;

--
Andrew Lindesay