List:       haiku-development
Subject:    [haiku-development] Re: Fwd: Help regarding GSoC idea : Tracker add-on for a version control system
From:       "Janus" <dmarc-noreply () freelists ! org> (Redacted sender "janus2" for DMARC)
Date:       2018-03-04 16:47:49

> Il giorno 04 mar 2018, alle ore 16:21, Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@pulkomandy.tk> ha scritto:
>
> On Sun, Mar 04, 2018 at 11:41:03AM +0000, Hrishi Hiraskar wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I tried to compile MoleSVN with haiku.
>>
>> I put the source in src/add-ons/tracker directory
>> Then I created Jamfile and .rdef file for MoleSVN
>> Then I edited src/add-ons/tracker/Jamfile to point the newly added addon.
>>
>> Then I compiled the source. It got compiled.
>> But when I ran the system, there isn't any entry of MoleSVN in addons.
>>
>> So, I think I'm missing something.
>> Is there any guide for creating addons for tracker in  Haiku?
>
> It would probably be simpler to compile MoleSVN outside of the Haiku
> sources. You can do that easily using the makefile_engine. The idea of
> add-ons is precisely that you can extend an already compiled application
> (in this case, Tracker) with extra functionality without recompiling
> everything.
>
> So you do not need to integrate MoleSVN into Haiku sources. You can
> compile it with a separate build system. Using the makefile_engine is a
> good choice because it already provides support for compiling something
> as an add-on.
>
> --
> Adrien.

Yes, Adrien is totally right, in the MoleSVN I saw a MoleSVN.proj you can open the file with Paladin
and create a Makefile from the project. MoleSVN is very old so it will need a lot of adjustments
but at least you have a start Makefile than include the make_engine. Adrien correct me if I am wrong.

Janus.