List:       haiku-development
Subject:    [haiku-development] Re: Haiku Mirror Issues
From:       "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy () pulkomandy ! tk>
Date:       2017-03-20 15:55:23

20 mars 2017 16:37 "Yubin Ruan" <ablacktshirt@gmail.com> a écrit:
> Hi all Haiku developers,
>
> I got a plan for hosting a mirror for Haiku's repo in China, for all
> Chinese users' convenience.
>
> As I told many friends in the #haiku IRC channel, the network connection
> from China to haiku's host(probably Europe?) is way too slow for many
> Chinese users, particularly when downloading nightly-built image and
> cloning the newest code from place to place. So, if you all agree,
> please provide me with more info/instructions of how to synchronizing
> Haiku's repo(eg, some documents and HOW-TOs, or a `rsync' address). In
> addition, if possible, please provide some info for mirroring Haiku's OS
> images(as in "https://www.haiku-os.org/get-haiku"), source codes(as in
> "http://cgit.haiku-os.org") and haiku's pkgman repo(as in somewhere
> that I don't know yet) separately(eg, how big is it?)

Hi,
I think you should get in touch with haiku-web or haiku-sysadmin mailing lists.

There is already work in progress to move some of the services outside of our main \
server, which is hosted in germany. It has bad peering also in the US, so we are \
investogating a CDN based system (like for the website) to allow propagating the data \
(nightly images for now, maybe later also packages).

For the git repo, the simplest way is to use the github mirror, I guess. At least for \
initial cloning, then you can switch to the normal repo.

--
Adrien.