List:       haiku-development
Subject:    [haiku-development] Re: LibreSSL
From:       Joe Prostko <joe.prostko () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-07-12 0:49:51

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Augustin Cavalier
<waddlesplash@gmail.com> wrote:
> OpenBSD has released the first portable version of their SSL library [1].
> Some developers had previously discussed migrating to it, do we still want
> to do that? Note that this breaks binary compatibility with OpenSSL, so
> doing it before the next release seems like a good idea.

I'd definitely like to see a recipe for it.  I just tried to compile
it with GCC4 without changes, but it complains about not finding
machine/endian.h, and then once you address that, it complains about
not finding gnu/libc-version.h.  In other words, it will probably
require a bit of actual porting work, with a patch along the lines of
our OpenSSL 1.0.1g package.  That said, they ripped out a ton of code
as well as changed a lot of things, so it's not quite that simple, it
seems.

- joe