List:       haiku-development
Subject:    [haiku-development] Re: Auto Hiding Scroll Bars
From:       Axel_Dörfler <axeld () pinc-software ! de>
Date:       2014-03-23 21:59:35

On 03/22/2014 11:02 PM, Andrew Wood wrote:
> Ive been doing some work creating an alternative to BScrollView for my
> app which automatically hides the scrollbars completely if theyre not
> neeeded rather than just greying them out.
>
> Currently its a subclass of BView but I see no reason why it couldnt be
> integrated into BScrollView if people wanted it. If anyones interested I
> will release it under a BSD or MIT licence....and yes I have followed
> the haiku coding guidelines!

That can't hurt at least :-)

I haven't investigated the issue a lot, but your solution would probably
still need to keep the status quo by default for backwards compatibility
(ie. it has to be optional). Beyond that, if you manage to implement it
without ABI problems, it would sure be an interesting improvement.

Many interface classes haven't received much love, as fixing them would
also require fundamental changes to the API (like introducing
model/view/controller separation).

Bye,
    Axel.