List:       haiku-development
Subject:    [haiku-development] Re: Small idea for music / sounds in Haiku  - Virtual (void)
From:       Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems <signalcaster () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-09-12 12:59:14

> > I actually tried making a startup cut (of the original, not the remix)
> > soon after Alex first posted, but it didn't really inspire me.  I can put it
> > up on my site if anyone wants to see what they think.
> >
> > The main problem I think, is that the final note needs to be extended
> > into a fade, which needs facilities that I don't have handy.  The cut
> > does have a fade, but it's still really too abrupt.
> >
> > Aside from nostalgia value, though, I'm not sure that it does make
> > a good startup.
>
> I agree.. i ran into the same problem.  It sounded good until I tried to snip
> it out. I tried fading the sound at the end... but it just didn't sound right.

I agree as well.  I'm really familiar with the song, played it on BeOSRADIO for \
years, but the music in the song doesn't strike me as a good fit for operating system \
startup music.  Some sort of inspiring musical flourish would seem like a better bet. \
OTOH, including the song as a part of a bonus track package might be a nice nostalgic \
touch if we have permission.

Dane